COMO Parrot Cay is known for it’s simple luxury, exceptional service and dining and spa experiences that surpass guest’s expectations – that’s for sure. Guests of this spectacular private island resort enjoy rest and relaxation, as well as wellness activities allowing them to experience a retreat-like vacation which truly rejuvenates. As popular as COMO Parrot Cay is though, this question crops up time and time again: “Is COMO Parrot Cay suitable for families?”
Our resounding response – YES!
COMO Parrot Cay ‘is’ the ideal vacation haven for families. Buy why?
Well, several reasons, but of the main reasons is because it really does address the needs of the entire family. There’s really a wonderful combination and culmination of activities to enjoy, jaw dropping nature, wonderful facilities and amenities, soulful hospitality, excellent culinary treats, stunning tuquoise shallow water everywhere, and wholesome and relaxing wellness experiences. Guests of the resort can truly enjoy all of this, while their children (no matter what age) are having the times of their lives as well.
So what makes Como Parrot Cay ideal for families?
First of all – the Accommodations.
There are so many accommodation options to consider while on this private island retreat that’s just a 30 minute ferry ride away from the main island of Providenciales.
These would include:
- Traditional resort style rooms in the main hotel building, offering Indonesion four-poster beds draped in white voile and teak furnishings, with views of landscaped gardens or of beautiful ocean vistas. A separate banquette can be converted into a single bed for a child (618 sq feet)
- COMO Suites – one-bedroom suite offering almost 1,300 sq ft of space along with a large balcony that flood the room with natural light and views of the ocean beyond. Additional bedding is also available in the living room for children as well.
- Beach Villas – one, two, or three bedroom options – offering privacy and direct access to the mile-long white sand beach, along with a sundeck with plunge pool and outdoor shower. Personalized COMO Butler service is also included complimentary for two and three bedroom villas.
- Beach Houses – one bedroom semi-detached beach house that look out on white sand dunes and the ocean, offering direct access to the beach, and a private heated plunge pool and sundeck just off of the living area. Two bedroom houses sit amongst the dunes on the beach, also with a private sundeck with its own pool and the wonderful personalized COMO butler service
- Private Estates – from two to five bedroom private estate villas, these stunning homes offer the very best of everything a family (or multi-generation family) will need for a truly memorable vacation
Second… the BEACH
With miles of white sandy beach and shallow calm waters, children spend hours upon hours enjoying nature’s best. Plenty of beach toys and non motorized water sports are available complimentary (for adults and kids of all ages).
Third, Play by COMO Download Sample Play by COMO Schedule
Play by COMO is ideal for children from 4 to 12 years old. Activities from this non-traditional kids’ club program include craft making, playing tennis, and water activities. Since there is a whole private island to explore without the worry of cars and traffic, nature walks and a visit to the banana and coconut plantations add to the fun. Some of the other activities available are the table tennis and pool tables as well as the games room where young ones can enjoy an assortment of video games.
Play by COMO is COMO Hotels and Resorts’ way of creating memorable family experiences. We want to give children the freedom to discover new territory, provide parents with some well-deserved downtime, and present families with opportunities for quality time together. More than just a children’s space, the Play by COMO concept ensures that the whole family, even our youngest guests, enjoy COMO’s signature service, design, cuisine and approach to wellness.
At all of our COMO hotels and resorts, we recognise the importance of creating delicious meals for the youngest palates, with cuisine that celebrates each destination’s local produce and cuisine. Our menus are nutritionally balanced, with a variety of options to satisfy both picky and adventurous eaters. Weaning and infant menus are available, or we can prepare to order. We always serve young ones first at meal times, and can accommodate any food intolerances or diet restrictions your child may have.
Our child-led Play by COMO programme is designed to encourage purposeful and creative play. Activities have been designed to capture our young guests’ imagination through history, nature, local culture and science (e.g. a Plantation Walk, or snorkelling with a marine biologist).
We also believe that an appreciation for personal wellness should be cultivated at an early stage — teaching children the joy of living well and healthily. With this in mind, we have children’s yoga available at many of our hotels and resorts.
We have a dedicated Play by COMO Space that children can call their own. Every Play Space has been designed to facilitate different types of play – from active zones for high-energy activities and quiet zones where children can wind down and have personal time, to imagination zones for make-believe games. Furnished with toys like LEGOTM, train sets and board games, as well as a wide range of craft supplies, the Play Space encourages children to participate in classic social play over technology-driven games.
Other unique programming options for Play by COMO include:
- Wind Chime making
- Mocktail making classes
- Wilderness camping
- Pirate treasure hunts
- Catch and release at the dock
- Children’s yoga and meditation
Of course, the other item to consider is dining. With the expansion of the two restaurants, the resort offers an extensive children’s menu. As well, the buffet style breakfast offers a wide assortment of items to enjoy for everyone.
This private resort sanctuary offers so many pleasures to experience by families of all sizes, be sure to talk with one of our local travel designers who live and work in the Turks & Caicos Islands.